Calligram

I really enjoyed working on the calligram. At first it was confusing, but once I got the hang of things I really had fun with it. I wish I had more time to work on it, because I would have probably added more details and color to it. Despite this, I am still happy with the way my calligram turned out.

One thing that really touched me during the critique in class was how one girl said that she liked my calligram because she saw a word in her language on my project. I thought that was really cool, and it made me think about how small details like that can mean so much to an individual and help to connect a larger audience to your work.

One thing I hope to get better at on Adobe Illustrator is warping text to fit a certain shape. Every time I tried doing this, I felt like I was making the whole process much more difficult than it needed to be. It felt like it took me forever to edit the words so that they were legible and fit to the shape just right. I know there has to be a much quicker and easier way to go about doing this. 

Comments

Popular Posts