First Day of Class

My first day of digital media class definitely intimidated me. I do look forward to being comfortable with using different computer softwares,  however I think the process of becoming comfortable is going to involve a lot of confusion, mistakes, and questions. I previously took a course in high school on the basics of Photoshop, and from what I recall, the class was pure chaos. My seat just so happened to be behind a huge pillar, so that at any time my teacher demonstrated how to do something on his projector, I could not see a single thing. Many of my peers had the same issue and so the class pretty much consisted of my teacher running around the room and reiterating what he just taught over, and over, and over again. Not too much progress was made. 


My reason for describing my past experience in that class is to explain that, while sitting in my first day of digital media class yesterday, I couldn't help but have flashbacks of feeling totally lost in the Photoshop course I took in high school. However, I'm not sitting behind a giant pillar this time, so I think I can only go up from here. My main hope in taking this course is that, by the end of it, I will have at least gained a little more confidence in using different computer softwares. I think that building up this confidence is extremely important for me, since I am majoring in graphic design. Once I am able to trust myself more in my own abilities, I know that using software such as Photoshop will be much more of a fun experience. 

Comments

Popular Posts